Testosterone Replacement therapy for Low-T
Testosterone is a hormone produced by the testes in men, and some in the adrenal glands above the kidneys. Testosterone levels peak around the age of 17 in men, and then begin to decline.
Low testosterone symptoms include:
- Decrease in athletic capacity
- Decrease in sexual desire
- Increased body fat
- Reduced muscle strength
- Decrease in bone density
- Hair loss
- Low energy
- Decrease in motivation and self -confidence
- Depression and mood changes
- Difficulty concentrating
- Memory loss
Low testosterone can be a normal part of aging, or due to other factors including medication side effects, alcohol, and depression. Blood or salivary testing my be done to check hormone levels easily.
Benefits of testosterone replacement can include:
- Increase in energy levels, vitality
- Increased collagen and decrease in facial wrinkles
- Increase in sexual desire
- Decrease risk of cardiovascular disease
- Improved bone density
- Improved memory
Testosterone optimization should be part of a complete hormone replacement regimen for best results.